Thursday, March 13, 2008

Encountering the Jewel of Tibet...

The Singapore Group with Imee Ooi & the Producer!



I was fortunate! I managed to get myself to the musical "Jewel of Tibet" on stage at Istana Budaya, Kuala Lumpur. I started to appreciate musical shows when I attended the 'Mystic Steeps' staged at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center some years ago.








Later, the Tzu-Chi anniversary show further sparked my interest in musicals as they did it wonderfully perfect with precise and accurate and timely co-ordinations and compositions of sounds and songs which projects its message across all cultures and ages.


Then, the 'passage thru time' musical held at Singapore, Raffles Hotel was a spiritually holy production by Buddhist Felowship of Singapore and you know wat, Ajahn Brahmavamso was one of the actors and most of the casts are members of the society. It was worth the time, money and effort to be there to see the musical.


Now, the 'Jewel of Tibet' was a musical show which I told myself that I may not go because it is in mandarin. And, unfortunately, I wasnt well-versed in mandarin and all this while, chineses makes me bored.


However, I was indeed lucky and got a place for the show. And, I brought my translator along. How lucky my translator is - a free show!


Anyway, I sincerely gives them full credit and support and really encourages everyone to go watch it!. The price you paid is fully utilized and all I can emphasize is that, it is worth the money and time!


The interesting part about the show is usually about the props, the main actress (preety or not), the main actor (handsome or chunky), or at times, "wow! a cool chick sitting right over there!" And you will be starring & peeping at that direction most of the time and does not remember a thing about the show!


Some, would just be sitting there, half concentrating in the show and the rest of the time thinking "are they anyone observing me" "do i look good in this or in that" or "is she looking at me" or " is he a maniac?" or even 'MERE BLANK STARE". (wat a waste!)


As the show started, it played the history of tibet and the introduction of how Princess Wen Cheng went to tibet. & bla...bla...bla....check it out at http://www.musicalonstage.com/


and..when the story came to the part where the tibetians praised the chinese princess for bringing lots of opportunities, treasures, occupations, the scene and dances were fantastic.


AND, i asked my friend seated next to me...."can take pictures ah?" 'can la if no flash'...I was so excited and i took my digital camera out and started to focus on the stage. Due to my excitement, I totally forgot to switch off the flash and I impatiently pressed on the snap button.


OMG! FLASH! FLASH! FLASH! the flah went off and in the total darkness, out of a sudden, a flash of bright lights illuminated the whole hall as I was seated right in the middle of the hall.

And, this picture is the result of my flash!






2 comments:

joyofsharing said...

Wondering is this Jewel of Tibet organised by Imee Ooi? I remember, they are going to have a stage show at Istana Budaya but I don't remember the title because I thought by remembering Imee Ooi would be enough:)

Unknown said...

yes! it is! by the famous Imee Ooi! all sooths & soothing tunes !

its title "jewel of tibet"
today is 13 march...

You still have 3 days to catch the musical..its on sale online at http://www.axcess.com.my

enjoy!